사이트맵 닫기

카카네오는 항상 여러분의 목소리에 귀를 기울입니다
궁금한 점이나 불편한 점이 있다면 언제든 직원을 찾아주세요

Q&A

How to Store Figs

페이지 정보

작성자 Deana 작성일24-07-26 22:21 조회14회 댓글0건

본문

When storing figs, don't put them near other vegetables and fruits. Figs, like many different foods, resembling apples, bananas, and apricots, include ethylene. The latter is a plant hormone. Figs release ethylene gas, which causes the softening and sprouting of other fruits and vegetables. As if it isn't sufficient that figs don't last more than a couple of days, they may cause deterioration of your different products should you store all of them together. To do so, wash and dry the figs totally, then take away the stems. Place the figs in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till they are firm. Once frozen, transfer the figs to airtight containers or freezer baggage, and انجیر خشک retailer them within the freezer. Thawed figs are softer, so they're finest used in cooked dishes or blended into smoothies.

class=

Place figs in a large pot or Dutch oven and cover with sugar. Cover the pot and let the figs sit in the sugar overnight. Heat the pot on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook, stirring consistently, till the sugar dissolves (this solely takes a couple of minutes). Scale back the heat to low, add the lemon slices, and cook for about 2 hours. If you’re not accustomed to canning, I’d counsel studying my beginner’s guide to water bath canning earlier than getting began. Utilizing a ladle, carefully transfer the finished fig jam into prepared half-pint jars, leaving 1/four-inch headspace at the highest of the jar. Wipe the rim and sides of the jar down before applying two-piece lids until fingertip tight.

Additionally, don't use any which can be overripe. Only select the highest quality fruit for dehydrating. Be certain that to handle the figs fastidiously so you do not bruise them. Additionally, there's a bug known as a fig wasp that likes to bore into figs in some areas. The fig wasps will not be in all areas so examine your area to see if this applies to you. Granulated sugar: this traditional Southern recipe requires an equal quantity of sugar and figs; nonetheless, you possibly can see my observe under to regulate the recipe for less sugar. Lemon: offers the spread a vivid, acidic word that balances the sweetness of the figs and helps to make the preserves protected for shelf-stable canning. Three sterilized half-pint mason jars and lids: this recipe yields sufficient for about three (8-ounce) jars of jam.

Figs generally ripen twice a yr: the first or "breba" season is often in early June, whereas the second or "new wood" season usually runs from August by October. When my neighbor’s Brown Turkey figs ripened early this 12 months (due to a heat winter in Virginia), she was joyful to share some with us. We're going to present the figs extra bashing up during the cooking process, so you don’t want to fret concerning the fruit. Vigorous stirring is helpful right here. I prefer to let the figs and sugar macerate together in the fridge in a single day, however this isn’t required. You can start cooking the jam as quickly because the sugar is dissolved into the fruit. If you find yourself able to cook, scrape the fruit and sugar mixture into a large, non-reactive pot. I like a low walled stainless steel soup pot, but enameled forged iron can be a extremely good possibility.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.